Messy Mamahood


May 5, 2010

25 random things about me

Remember doing this on Facebook? Thought I'd share it here since a lot have to do with parenting or how I became the parent I am today.

1. I rocked the soccer field in high school but haven't played since.

2. I was also a cheerleader for two years in high school...yes, me, a cheerleader.

3. I was on a theater scholarship and was a dance minor my first two years of college. Then decided I eventually wanted to make a living, so switched to a communication arts major.

4. When stressed out or upset, I clean obsessively.

5. My heroes are my baby brother, Corbett, who was killed in the Air Force in 2002, and my 92-year-old Papa.

6. I admire my son's sense of humor, my oldest daughter's tender heart and my youngest daughter's independence. (Don't tell the youngest that!)

7. I was a featured guest on "Oprah" in April of 2001 for a show titled "Pursuing Your Passions." I'm also a published poet. (My 15 minutes of fame)

8. I could clean up all the kid poop in the world, but vomit puts me over the edge. Can't do it. No way. Nope. Forget it.

9. I can't help but watch shows like "I Shouldn't Be Alive." They scare the hell out of me, but I can never...seem...to...turn...the...channel.

10. My favorite vacation spot is Tan-Tara at the Lake of the Ozarks - our annual family vacation.

11. I have four older sisters (and six nieces) I never knew until I was in my 30s. And a little brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew I just met last year. (Didn't meet my biological father until I was in my 20s)

12. Being with my Gran as she walked into the arms of Christ was one of the most powerful and beautiful experiences of my life.

13. I placed my first son, Matthew, for adoption when I was just 16 years old (probably the reason for #14). He's 24 now.

14. I'm scared to death of my kids growing up and leaving home. I'm scared of them driving. I'm scared every time they walk out the door. I'm paralyzed with fear at the thought of something bad happening to one of them. I'm scared that I can't always be there to protect them.

15. I never knew motherhood would be the most rewarding and most exhausting job in my life. I never knew I could love so strongly and unconditionally.

16. The most beautiful sound in the world is my children's laughter. The greatest smell in the world is their hair after a shower. The greatest sight is their peaceful sleeping faces at night. And the greatest touch is their arms around me.

17. I went to the same college as Jesse Borrego from "Fame" (worked on a show with him and became really good friends) and Ricardo Antonio Chavira (Carlos) from "Desperate Housewives."

18. I love having slumber parties in the family room with my kids, then waking up and having a pancake breakfast and staying in our PJs all day.

19. I've been a Cub Scout leader, a Brownie leader, a soccer coach, a room mom (all three kids), a drama teacher, a teaching assistant, a PTA executive member and a youth group storyteller/actor.

20. I've been acting on stage and in TV commercials since I was about 14 years old, and I've been with my current agent for 12 years.

21. I hate white milk, carrots, sweet potatoes, coconut, pecans and walnuts.

22. I didn't start drinking coffee until my 30th birthday and now can't live without it. Okay, I'm a "fancy" coffee drinker...I like the vanilla and pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.

23. My biggest pet peeves: ignorance, narcissism and hypocrisy

24. When I grow up I want to be a novelist and also manage my daughter's restaurant (that's what she tells me I'm going to do). :)

25. I truly believe God will never give me more than I can handle...sometimes I just wish He didn't trust me so much!

No comments: